Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Europe Countdown: 1 more day!!!

So we leave tomorrow morning for the big European vacation. First stop London, then Italy, then Ireland, then back to London and then home. Woohoo! I am quite excited, although I have had to refrain from asking anymore dumb questions about traveling, at least to anyone except the Google. While the extent of my lifetime of travel has thus far included such exotic locales as Disneyworld and Kansas City, I figured I had enough common sense to be able to figure things out overseas. But then I asked one dumb question too many, this time about how to get money. Mike explained in the same tone of voice that a 5th grader would use to say "no duh!" that my money, much like here in these United States, would be coming from the ATM machine. So, I did the only thing I could think of and stuck out my tongue and stormed into the other room. As I have asked in my previous Europe trip countdowns, how the hell am I supposed to know these things?
I am way more street smart than Mike, but when it comes to foriegn travel, he has done it all and I have done it not at all. I was just trying to cover my bases. As long as I can shop a little at H&M, Top Shop, Marks and Spensers, etc, and eat a curry on Brick Road, and see Agatha Christie's Mousetrap, then I will be having a good time. I just wanted to make sure that I would have the money required to do all of these things. Oh, and the wine. I will need the wine in Italy. I will need lots of the wine in Italy, and then, after we get back, I think I am going to cut out the booze until Christmas. It seems like the logical thing to do. I basically want to spend the next two months getting my 5k down to a respectable number. The next one we will do is the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. Hopefully, by then my knee will feel well enough to rock it. But first, I am going to drink my weight in Italian wine and swing my blonde hair around at the locals. I hear they love that. When in Rome!!

No comments: